[Kde-pim] KIMAP library

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Jul 27 09:40:17 BST 2010

Kevin Ottens wrote:

> Most of the XXX you pointed out are from jobs written
> by Andras, so I'll let him provide more context about those and fixes
> eventually.

Sigh. Yesterday I sent a mail to the list about some of the XXX issues,
which did not arrive here, nor is in the Sent folder of KNode. :(

I'll write down again, shortly:

1) acljobbase.cpp:65: the setRights method actually modifies the rights,
instead of setting them. AFAIR this was to make the ACL jobs works as
similar as possible to the ACL IMAP commands, where by setting a right, you
just modify it. But only if you add or remove rights. So the job API I agree
is not exactly correct, as with setRights(Add, rights) or setRights(Remove,
rights) it does what the RFC says, but setRights(Change, rights) doesn't do
that. Also subsequent setRights calls might not do what you want. I'm open
to suggestion to fix the API. Eg. deprecate setRights(modifier, rights) and
use a setRights(rights) that changes the rights and introduce an
addRights(rights) and removeRights(rights). Again, subsequent calls to
addRights() and removeRights() might not do what the user believes to as
with one SETACL command you can only add OR remove right, but not both.
In any case, if you modify it, be sure to check the usage of setRights in
other code (which right now should be only the akonadi imap resource).

2) getquotajob.cpp:55: yes, probably quoting the root would not hurt. I
didn't find anything in RFC about it, but should be safer.

3) setquotajob.cpp:59: I don't understand your comment.

4) setquotajob.coo:69: same as 2).

Andras