[Kde-pim] [UPDATE] Re: KDEPIM 4.5 Planning

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sun Jul 11 09:20:51 BST 2010

On Wed July 7 2010 10:58:24 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 July 2010, Allen Winter wrote:
> > > KDEPIM Developers: Thomas will re-branch a 4.5 from trunk tomorrow
> > > morning. Please do all your bug fixing for the 4.5 release in the 4.5
> > > branch -- no new strings without translator approval.
>
> I'm able to build those packages together with KDE releases, just let me
> know.

I've talked with Thomas and some others in the PIM about this extensively, and
we agree that we really, really want one stable PIM release out before 4.6.0.
Progress during Akademy has been amazing. If we continue at that pace, it
doesn't look too bad.

I've also worked with Till, Volker, Steve and Thomas on communication points
around the Akonadi release, which I'll wikify and share with everyone coming
week, when I'm back home and have caught up on sleep (at *real* nights) from
Akadmey. Things looks quite solid, actually, and I think we'll be able to
revert most of the PR hit Akonadi initially got by honest and clear
communication of advantages, disadvantages, potential and clear migration
paths.

sebas