[Kde-pim] Q: virtual / unread email collections; flags; drop data

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jul 20 22:13:21 BST 2010

On Tuesday, 2010-07-20, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > Hey PIMsters,
> >
> > <summary>
> > - How do I create virtual folders based on a SPARQL query?
> > - How would a SPARQL query showing unread emails look like?
> > - Which are the canonical flags to be used for read and important?
> > - How is the drag+drop data in kmail's items structured?
> > </summary>
>
> Virtual folders are one of two or three elephants in the corner which we
> haven't fully dealt with yet I think.
>
> akonadiconsole has a tab for search which uses
>
> http://api.kde.org/4.x-
> api/kdepimlibs/akonadi/classAkonadi_1_1ItemSearchJob.html
>
> And I believe kmail uses
>
> http://api.kde.org/4.x-
> api/kdepimlibs/akonadi/classAkonadi_1_1SearchCreateJob.html

Sebas probably needs this second one, the first one is a "find and return
result" like search.

> If it should be possible to show multiple search collections at once (for
> example if the DataEngine gives out data for multiple lion mail widgets) it
> would make sense to have them all in one etm. The way it should be would be
> for a search job to create a top level virtual resource instead of a
> virtual collection in the one search resource.

Can't something similar be done with this selection model proxy thingy?
I.e. having the search resource monitored and using selections to combined
items from search groups into one list per group?

> > My guess would be that I need a suitable SPARQL query to setup the
> > 'virtual collection', and a sortproxymodel to massage it into an ordered
> > list I can work with. I know next to nothing about SPARQL (but some SQL),
> > so if someone had an example I could modify, that would be most helpful.
> > An example how I'd setup a virtual folder based on a SPARQL query would
> > be very useful as well.

Sebastian Trüg has been working on (and showing during a BoF at Akademy) a
search API which lets you contruct query terms from sub terms, similar how one
would create boolean conditions in C++.

See
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Metadata/Nepomuk/NepomukQuery

Cheers,