[Kde-pim] KDEPIM trunk still frozen

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Thu Jan 7 17:36:24 GMT 2010

Hi,

this is just an announcement that KDEPIM trunk is still frozen for new
features. Please wait with committing new features until the akonadi-ports
branch will get merged back to trunk, which is expected to happen next week.

The freeze helps us with the merging: To merge back the akonadi-ports branch
to trunk, we first have to merge all commits from trunk to akonadi-ports. And
if people start committing new features, we would be fighting windmills and
never be in sync.

Thanks to Volker for always handling the merges to and from the akonadi-ports
branch.

I'll do a bunch of merges from the enterprise4 branch to trunk now, and then
merge them myself to akonadi-ports, to have e4 in sync with trunk and akonadi-
ports again.

Non Kontact applications like ktimetracker of kalarm are of course not
affected.

I'm looking forward to reintegrating the akonadi-ports branch to trunk, that
will save us from a lot of this merging trouble.

Regards,
Thomas