[Kde-pim] KDEPIM trunk still frozen

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Jan 7 19:04:56 GMT 2010

On Thursday 07 January 2010 18:36:24 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> this is just an announcement that KDEPIM trunk is still frozen for new
> features. Please wait with committing new features until the akonadi-ports
> branch will get merged back to trunk, which is expected to happen next
> week.
>
> The freeze helps us with the merging: To merge back the akonadi-ports
> branch to trunk, we first have to merge all commits from trunk to
> akonadi-ports. And if people start committing new features, we would be
> fighting windmills and never be in sync.
>
> Thanks to Volker for always handling the merges to and from the
> akonadi-ports branch.
>
> I'll do a bunch of merges from the enterprise4 branch to trunk now, and
> then merge them myself to akonadi-ports, to have e4 in sync with trunk and
> akonadi- ports again.
>
> Non Kontact applications like ktimetracker of kalarm are of course not
> affected.

KNode, Kleopatra and Blogilo are also not affected (no changes in
akonadi-ports), and neither is KMime, that has already been merged
completely. I have to double-check KAddressbook and KABC, but IIRC these are
also already merged completely.

> I'm looking forward to reintegrating the akonadi-ports branch to trunk,
> that will save us from a lot of this merging trouble.

The svnmerge avail log (basically the svn log of all unmerged commits) we have
to go through is nearly 1MB in size by now, so that'll take some time. I hope
we can sort out most of the remaining blockers during the coming weekend and
complete the merge by the end of next week.

regards
Volker