[Kde-pim] Distribution lists lost?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Jan 5 11:08:03 GMT 2010

On Monday 04 January 2010 19:11:45 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> I see what you mean.
> I also see that I only have the distlist resource because I had it
>  installed  from an earlier trunk version.
> Since Tobias removed that resource, maybe he can give you a hint on how to
> migrate your distribution lists, e,g, whether this is handled the migrator
> tool or done through an automatic/manual import in the new KAddressBook.
>
> Generally the first place to look for adding resources is the respective
> application, i.e. KAddressBook.

Actually, KAddressBook seems to be severely broken - unless features are
deeply hidden.  I have a three panel display - with the right-hand panel being
empty and devoid of header, so a total mystery.  There is no option to show or
add a distribution list (although the context menu in the centre panel does
give me 'Add a Group'.  In fact, the whole thing seems to be a sub-set of what
I'm used to.  The Edit Contact sheet shows no details from the existing
contact, and nowhere do I see any reference to Category.

If I filter on 'koi' I see a list of club members, and there is one entry, Koi
Members, but it doesn't appear to contain anything - difficult to tell,
though, since none of the member records show any details either.

I should file some bug reports, but this is so bad that it's difficult to know
where to start.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group