[Kde-pim] Distribution lists lost?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Wed Jan 6 10:55:38 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 19:57:46 Tobias Koenig wrote:
> This is really strange, I suspect something is wrong with your Akonadi
>  setup. As soon as the contacts show up in the middle pane, the details
>  should be shown in the right most pane when clicking on a contact or
>  contact group.
>
> Can you close all pim applications please, open a konsole window, type in
>   akonadi stop
> wait until Akonadi has shut down and type
>   akonadi start
> wait until it has started and then start KAddressBook by typing
>   kaddressbook --nofork
>
> Are there any error messages or warnings printed on the konsole output?

Thousands of lines of output - I'll run it again and try to capture it if you
need it, but it's very repetitive.  There are dozens of lines such as

kaddressbook(27110)/libakonadi
Akonadi::EntityTreeModelPrivate::monitoredItemChanged: Got a stale
notification for an item which was already removed. 2918 "PMXWTVxalQ.vcf"
kaddressbook(27110)/libakonadi
Akonadi::EntityTreeModelPrivate::monitoredItemChanged: Got a stale
notification for an item which was already removed. 2919 "PraYgjNuW.vcf

and occasional ones like

[akonadiserver] request for item 2938 processed, error: ""

but I didn't see anything else helpful.

> And if you start the application 'akonadiconsole', click on the 'Browser'
>  tab, select the folder with the contact, click on one contact and choose
>  'Raw Payload' on the lower right pane, is there any payload listed?

Yes indeed.

> > OK, fine.  Are the existing category entries lost, though?  Will they all
> > have to be re-entered?
>
> No, they are kept inside the contact, just the editing/viewing component is
>  missing currently.

Yes, I saw two distribution lists, each with a list of record identifiers, so
that's very good news.

> > Is there anything I can do to help you know what went wrong with
> > the migration?
>
> Give us some time for polishing up the migration path :)

No problem.  It looks as though it is something in the display  that's not
correct, rather than with the actual data migration.

Wait!  It suddenly occurred to me to run kaddressbook standalone - and this
time I could see the contacts.  Encouraged by this, I tried again within
kontact - and I can see them there too.  The Edit screen contains the relevant
details as well.

It looks as though something in the tests you gave me have triggered something
that wasn't working previously.  Does that give you any clue?

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group