[Kde-pim] Distribution lists lost?

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Tue Jan 5 19:57:46 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 06:54:50PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 January 2010 17:43:48 Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hej Anne,

> That's interesting.  There was an existing resource, Address Book, which, up
> to now, was empty.  I accepted the default setting,
> /home/anne/.local/share/contacts/, and suddenly it was populated with *almost*
> the same set as the std.vcf addressbook.
Well, actually it should be the same. The migrator reads all contacts from std.vcf
and copies them to $HOME/.local/share/contacts/

> > > In fact, the whole thing seems to be a sub-set of what
> > > I'm used to.The Edit Contact sheet shows no details from the existing
> > > contact
> >
> > Hmm? What exactly to you mean here?
> >
> Image attached - that is called up to edit an existing contact.
This is really strange, I suspect something is wrong with your Akonadi setup. As
soon as the contacts show up in the middle pane, the details should be shown
in the right most pane when clicking on a contact or contact group.

Can you close all pim applications please, open a konsole window, type in
  akonadi stop
wait until Akonadi has shut down and type
  akonadi start
wait until it has started and then start KAddressBook by typing
  kaddressbook --nofork

Are there any error messages or warnings printed on the konsole output?

And if you start the application 'akonadiconsole', click on the 'Browser' tab,
select the folder with the contact, click on one contact and choose 'Raw Payload'
on the lower right pane, is there any payload listed?

> OK, fine.  Are the existing category entries lost, though?  Will they all have
> to be re-entered?
No, they are kept inside the contact, just the editing/viewing component is missing
currently.

> Is there anything I can do to help you know what went wrong with
> the migration?
Give us some time for polishing up the migration path :)

Ciao,
Tobias