[Kde-pim] OpenSync and KDE PIM

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Fri Jan 15 16:30:27 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 11:00 +0100, Bjoern Ricks wrote:
> because I read a lot of rumors about OpenSync API breakage that is not true I
> want to clarify this topic on the kde-pim list. As I depicted in the OpenSync
> release notes of version 0.39 http://opensync.org/wiki/opensync-0.39-notes
> the API of OpenSync is stable and is usable for applications and plugins. To
> strengthen this statement you can finde a comparision of 0.39 and trunk at
> http://people.b1-systems.de/~gollub/OpenSync/abi_compat_report.html

Can't read that page, permission denied.

IMHO, the debate whether the API is frozen misses the key question. Much
more important is: will the next release work for all PIM data? If not,
when will the missing support be added?

As Daniel said on the OpenSync list, only contacts will be supported in
0.40. Calendar and tasks will have to wait until someone writes
converters, at which point you'll find out whether the API for such a
plugin really works without changes.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de