[Kde-pim] LinkedIn group

Bertjan Broeksema b.broeksema at home.nl
Wed Jan 13 12:05:42 GMT 2010

Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> On Monday 11 January 2010, Bertjan Broeksema wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As discussed at the Osnabrueck meeting I set up a linked in group. I
>> figured that given the fact that the Facebook group would be user
>> oriented, it makes sense to restrict the LinkedIn group to (former)
>> kdepim developers/contributors.
>
> Why restrict it? IMO this would be a wrong signal. After all, we want to
> demonstrate that we aren't a closed group but an open group welcoming
> new members.

My idea was that LinkedIn is a good way to expose who the
creators/contributors of KDEPIM  are. Gives a nice overview what kind of
people, with what skills are working  on KDEPIM. Secondly, a nice side effect
is (I just discovered) that I (or anyone who manages the group, can redirect
requests to the facebook group, but more important, redirect people to the
right channels to actual become a contributor. Request to become a member
makes it easy to send a personal email back saying something like:

"Hi thanks for your interest. This group is meant for (former) contributers
but we're always looking for new contributors. So if you're interested
please have a look there, there and there or contact us such and so."

However, if people in general think this group should be open too, just let
me know.

Cheers,

Bertjan