[Kde-pim] Weird Behaviour when configuring Akonadi resources

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 11:58:53 GMT 2010

I get this a lot, though not a 100%

- Std Resource definitions, such contact .vcf files or calendar .ics files keep
disappearing from akonadi

- When attempting to re-add them I can click "Add" in the Akonadi Resources
Configuration" dialog and select a resource such as "ICal Calendar File" but
nothing appears in the resource list.

- However if I close the config dialog with Ok and reopen it the resource will
be there in the list.

- However I can't modify it - the modify button activates and depresses when
clicked but nothing happens.

- Restarting the Akonadi services (akonadictl stop/start) sometimes fixes the
problem, or a reboot. Sometimes it doesn't

- I've been through all the fixes etc at Akonadi Help on userbase. Makes no
difference.

- The console output from "kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi" when doing this shows
nothing (as in no output apart from startup).

Clean install of Kubuntu plus 4.4 update

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home