[Kde-pim] Akonadi killed KMail????

Maxx Excaliber newsman2010 at hotpop.com
Thu Feb 25 11:14:50 GMT 2010

Quoting Tobias Koenig <tokoe at kde.org>:
> Akonadi Server is the new PIM services that handles all the data transfer,
> something like EDS under GNOME.
> Why it doesn't work? Please goto userbase.kde.org and follow the steps
> under the 'Akonadi Help' section. There exists a selftest dialog that gives
> you more information what might be wrong.

It would be a *touch* more helpful if you'd point to an exact URL.
Just saying "goto userbase.kde.org and follow the steps under the
'Akonadi Help' section." isn't very  helpful. That's like saying "make
me a cake" but not giving me the recipe.

> The software is not broken, only the configuration I guess, and that's the
> fault of your distributor!

Well, *something* broke KMail yesterday and you guys are the
"experts," not to mention Fedora List suggested I talk to you guys.

> P.S.: are more sensitive tone when writing mails to this mailing
> list would be welcome...

I apologize, but I'm highly frustrated that KMail crashes. I'd be more
than happy to provide you with the output when I try to start
Akonadictl from Konsole..... Means nothing to me. Oh, and I'm not sure
if it's MY machine, or bugs.kde.org, but I can't use the automated
crash reporting tool, even after installing several hundred megs of
debug packages. Last night it wouldn't even let me login. This
morning, it won't post the bug. Any way you can look into that?