[Kde-pim] Nepomuk services putting extreme stress on my system

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Feb 13 10:05:45 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 February 2010 21:32:40 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 02:01:54 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> > and apart from short bursts of
> > activity, when my typing doesn't show up on screen for a couple of
> > seconds,
>
> I would find that unacceptable. Its reminds me of the bad old days of win
> 3.1

If it were a constant problem, I'd agree with you.  However, for the initial
indexing I find it acceptable.  I'm indexing not only my /home, but some large
directories on a remote box, so it's working very hard, but most of those
files will not change, or rarely so, so this is a temporary problem.  In fact
since the initial indexing finished yesterday evening I've not seen the
problem at all.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group