[Kde-pim] Nepomuk services putting extreme stress on my system

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Feb 14 17:07:04 GMT 2010

On Sunday 14 February 2010 16:13:02 Andras Mantia wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Around the same time I talked to the developers about KMail taking almost
> > minute (frozen) when I attempted to send messages.  It turned out that
> > kmail was searching all my mails for matching addresses - and I have many
> > thousands
> > of messages.  On realisation of that, they fixed it so that it now stops
> > if it
> > finds one match.  This may well be what you were seeing.
>
> Yes, probably the CPU usage bug was the same and it is already fixed. But
> the memory usage is unrelated, I just wanted to say Ingo is not alone with
> seeing that.

No, he's not, I know.  I don't understand, though, why some people have a
problem with this and others don't.  My laptop is almost 5 years old.  It has
2GB RAM.  As you see it's not exactly over-spec'd, yet the memory usage isn't
a problem:

Mem:   2060668k total,  1993412k used,    67256k free,    81152k buffers
Swap:  1052216k total,    12724k used,  1039492k free,   998404k cached

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group