[Kde-pim] Re: Do we need a Beta3?

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Fri Dec 10 11:54:45 GMT 2010

On 10/12/10 11:27, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Allen Winter wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Should I ask the Release Team to insert a third beta into the release
>> schedule. The current schedule calls for the next tagging on 21 Dec to be
>> a Release Candidate.
>>
>> If desired, I could ask for a 2 week extension of the schedule and we
>> would call the 21 Dec tagging Beta3.
>
> Having an extension for the beta time by itself will not help. If nobody
> fixes bugs, they won't go away. If developers cannot find time to work on
> kdepim, that's fine, but in this case we should consider of not releasing
> kdepim together with 4.6.0. I wish we could, but releasing in its current
> state will do more harm than good, as there are obvious shortcomings both in
> migration (very important!) and daily usage.

Agreed. And I don't know how it will improve because there is no
communication from whoever is managing the kmail2 work in KDE PIM or at
KDAB.

Could someone who is qualified to speak for one of the above give a
statement on where we stand and where we are going for 4.6 so that my
imagination doesn't run wild?

Will