[Kde-pim] Re: Do we need a Beta3?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Dec 10 10:27:14 GMT 2010

Allen Winter wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Should I ask the Release Team to insert a third beta into the release
> schedule. The current schedule calls for the next tagging on 21 Dec to be
> a Release Candidate.
>
> If desired, I could ask for a 2 week extension of the schedule and we
> would call the 21 Dec tagging Beta3.

Having an extension for the beta time by itself will not help. If nobody
fixes bugs, they won't go away. If developers cannot find time to work on
kdepim, that's fine, but in this case we should consider of not releasing
kdepim together with 4.6.0. I wish we could, but releasing in its current
state will do more harm than good, as there are obvious shortcomings both in
migration (very important!) and daily usage.

Andras