[Kde-pim] Google Reader resource for Akonadi

Lukas Hetzenecker lukas.hetzenecker at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 14:00:04 GMT 2010

Hello KDE PIM developers,

at the beginning I wanted to thank you for the amazing work you've
done for Kontact 4.6 beta2.
There is only one feature that I really miss: synchronization support
for Akregator with Google Reader
I stumbled upon the KRSS framework and it seemed to fit my needs. The
only problem is that there's no possibility to sync with Google
Reader, but only with the outdated NewsGator service.
So I tried to write this resource plugin myself. You can find my first
attempt attached to this mail (it's not yet ready for reviewboard).
The kdepim-krss-build.patch is needed to build the KRSS framework, in
the google-reader-qt folder is a small implementation written in pure
Qt and in the kdepim folder is the real Akonadi resource.
Error reporting is still missing, but the basic feed synchronization
should work.

Could anybody have a look at my current implementation? Does anybody
know what is needed to display the feed categories as subfolders in
akregator (if you uncomment the code in GooglereaderFeedsRetrieveJob
it works nicely in akonadiconsole, but not in akregator)?

Btw, I found a very good API reference for Google Reader here:
http://blog.martindoms.com/2009/08/15/using-the-google-reader-api-part-1/

Greetings,
Lukas Hetzenecker