[Kde-pim] Re: Addressbook/Akonadi/LDAP sync??

Robin Atwood robin at binro.org
Tue Dec 7 13:04:47 GMT 2010

On Sunday 07 November 2010, you wrote:
> I somehow lost a few addresses recently and I have just been investigating
> my data. I have kept my address book on an LDAP server for some years and
> the upgrade to Akonadi seemed to work smoothly. But now if I look at the
> data in kaddressbook and in the LDAP (using MyLDAPAdmin), they have become
> quite different. Obviously updates are cached by Akonadi in MySQL but not
> written back to LDAP. How can I keep everything in sync? (I have KDEPIM
> 4.4.7.)

Sorry to keep harping on about this but I have just upgraded to KDEPIM 4.4.8
and the problem remains. In fact, after the upgrade I closed kontact, shutdown
akonadi, logoff/logon, restarted kontact and all my recent additions to the
address book had vanished. This problem existed about one year ago and I
posted about it. I can't remember what level KDEPIM was then but after the
next upgrade the problem was fixed. Now, sometime during the last six months,
the problem has got unfixed! I also tried adding a new entry to the LDAP
database, restarted akonadi but the new entry did not appear in the
addressbook. Obviously more than one client can update the LDAP server, so
akonadi needs some option to synchronise with a back-end.

I assume KDEPIM 4.6 is just around the corner; has anyone verified LDAP
support?

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.