[Kde-pim] Kmail Template % directives and signatures.

David Mills djmills32 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 04:43:12 GMT 2010

Hi,

I just upgraded to KDE 4.5.

I was hoping that signatures would now be dealt with using "%SIGNATURE" in the
templates.  But it seems not to be the case.

Ideally I'd like to use
====================== Start of template ====================
%REM="Default new message template"%-
Hi %TOFNAME,

%CURSOR

Cheers,

David

%SIGNATURE
========== end of template ================

as my new mail template and
====================== Start of template ====================
%REM="Default reply template"%-
Hi %OFROMFNAME,

%CURSOR

Cheers,

David

%SIGNATURE

On %ODATE %OTIMELONG you wrote:
%QUOTE
========== end of template ================

as my reply template.  Given that "%SIGNATURE" doesn't work, is there any way
to get my signature to appear between my new text and salutation and the
quoted original email text?

Also, there is at least "%QUOTE" and "%CURSOR" that work but don't have
entries in the Kmail Settings->Composer->Templates->Insert command menu.  Are
there other % directives that too don't have entries in that menu?

Cheers,

David.

--

Tel: +61-(0)3-9504-6288 or +61-(0)2-80641780
Mob: +61-4-11513404