[Kde-pim] EntityTreeModel not updating when collections added/removed

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Aug 26 08:41:31 BST 2010

On Thursday 26 August 2010 01:15:30 David Jarvie wrote:
> I've just managed to get KAlarm sort of working again with the latest trunk
> after a couple of weeks not working, but EntityTreeModel is no longer
> updating when collections are added or removed. I've put in debug
> statements, and when a collection is added, there is no collectionAdded()
> signal from the ChangeRecorder, and rowsInserted() is not being called.
> Internally in ETM, EntityTreeModelPrivate::monitoredCollectionAdded() is
> not being called either.
>
> The only way to see the collection in KAlarm is to quit and restart it.
> AkonadiConsole does display the changes as they happen.
>
> Have changes been made either to Monitor/ChangeRecorder, or to
> EntityTreeModel, which might affect updates?

There is indeed a bad regression in Monitor, it currently only works when
started after the Akonadi server and it will lose the connection on a server
restart. I'm working on fixing that right now.

Given that akonadisconsole works for you, I don't think this explains your
problems though.

> The relevant KAlarm code is in akonadimodel.cpp, which subclasses ETM. As a
> check, I've displayed the base AkonadiModel class contents in a separate
> window, and the added/removed collections don't show up there either.

regards
Volker