[Kde-pim] EntityTreeModel not updating when collections added/removed

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Thu Aug 26 00:15:30 BST 2010

I've just managed to get KAlarm sort of working again with the latest trunk after a couple of weeks not working, but EntityTreeModel is no longer updating when collections are added or removed. I've put in debug statements, and when a collection is added, there is no collectionAdded() signal from the ChangeRecorder, and rowsInserted() is not being called. Internally in ETM, EntityTreeModelPrivate::monitoredCollectionAdded() is not being called either.

The only way to see the collection in KAlarm is to quit and restart it. AkonadiConsole does display the changes as they happen.

Have changes been made either to Monitor/ChangeRecorder, or to EntityTreeModel, which might affect updates?

The relevant KAlarm code is in akonadimodel.cpp, which subclasses ETM. As a check, I've displayed the base AkonadiModel class contents in a separate window, and the added/removed collections don't show up there either.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.