[Kde-pim] I cannot migrate, password?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Aug 10 13:52:51 BST 2010

Hi Guy!

On Sunday, 2010-08-08, Guy Maurel wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Sunday 08 August 2010 18:29:57 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Sunday, 2010-08-08, Guy Maurel wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > With kmail, I have only one IMAP-account. Very few mails, < 10 .
> > > I like, not to save the password on the config-file, nor to use the
> > > KWallet. I cannot migrate, because of a problem with a resource at
> > > akonadi. Even if I store the password in the config-file!
> >
> > How do you provide the password in KMail?
>
> as I get the connection with the server, I give the password...

ok.

> > The migrator will try to find the password in the wallet and in the
> > config file.
> > I think if it can't find one the resource will ask for it when it first
> > logs in.
> >
> > Did it not do that?
>
> NO.
> I get only a window with the KWallet, wo try to let me use it. But I don't
> wish. (Why not?, even if it is very usefull!)

Hmm, it always did for me but I let it use the wallet.
Maybe it gives up when it can't access the wallet.
So in my case it could but wouldn't find any password in there so it asked.

> > > The migrator seems to like KWallet, try to start it with me, but don't
> > > say be if I *must* use it.
> >
> > The migrator opens the wallet to check for login data, if there is none
> > in there, it falls back to values in the config.
>
> NO!
> I would like to get this, but I don't. I get informations about what is
> running, and what was wrong. Wenn I close the windows, the migrator ends
> the work.
> I tried also with a very new Linux-account to begin with kmail2, and NOT to
> save the password. It doesn't work.
> Can you tell me where in the migrator/kmail2 the work is done, I would like
> to debug myself (at the end of august-> Ferien), to give a better
> feedback... (I only found the code who gives me the error)

KMailMigrator::migrateImapAccount, around line 685

But the problem is more likely in the IMAP resource if it doesn't ask you for
a password if you deny access to the wallet, because it asks for me when I
allow it to but don't have a password
.
Cheers,
Kevin