[Kde-pim] More sending delay

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Apr 12 18:52:16 BST 2010

On Monday 12 April 2010 18:19:14 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 09 April 2010 18:02:39 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Sending an encrypted message is a slow job.  There is a long delay before
> > the pinentry dialog shows - I just timed one at 49 seconds.  I suspect
> > that the fix that stopped nepomuk searching everywhere when sending plain
> > messages isn't applied to messages that need the recipient identifying
> > for encryption. You opinion?
>
> Could be the ItemSearchJobs which are exectured during keyresolving, like
> the other Nepomuk-related hangs, see bug 219687.
> Looks ok from the code though, so I have no idea.

'With a little help from my friends' I've been doing some off-list testing.
We didn't find anything conclusive, but I'll offer what information I did get
in the hope that it sparks some ideas.

The correspondent that I first mentioned uses a 4096/4096 bit key.  I tested
against another friend that uses a 4096/4096 key, and the delay didn't happen,
so I was just about to put it down to something strange about my first
friend's key, when I got an off-list offer of more test exchanges.  The list
user in question also uses a 4096/4096 key - and the same 50-60second delay At
happens when I send to him.

At that point I lost any sense of direction.  If you can think of anything
useful to test I will willingly approach my friends with it.  If you think it
useful to try a number of people with smaller keys, to see if any of those are
similarly affected I'll approach a few people and ask if they are willing to
help with tests.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group