[Kde-pim] feature request: Show unread mails on top

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu Apr 29 10:23:50 BST 2010

On Thursday 29 April 2010 08:31:36 Roland Tapken wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> It is possible to add an additionial sort flag that orders _unread_ mails
> always an top (or bottom), ignorting the sort criteriums? What I mean is:
> All mails should be ordered by the defined criteriums (date and time, for
> example), but unread mails should *always* appear on the top of the list.
>
> That would be a great help for people like me, marking e-mails as "unread"
> and forgetting them after a while.

Since I choose to display the unread count alongside the mailbox name, I don't
forget, but I sometimes find them somewhat lost, if many new ones have arrived
since then - particularly if the one I'm seeking was at the end of a thread
started some time back.  Fortunately, KMail has an easy answer for this.
Alongside the search bar is a drop-down list, where I can ask it to display
Unread mail.  I use it quite frequently.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group