[Kde-pim] GSoC: Akonadi SyncML support

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Fri Apr 9 12:06:15 BST 2010

Hi Guys,

the proposal for a Google Summer of Code project regarding SyncML support for
Akonadi was just submitted by Dinesh, the student that applied for it. Here's
the link to proposal:

http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_proposal/show/google/gsoc2010/saidinesh5/t127080932290

I forwarded Dinesh's first draft for those that are unable to view the
proposal within Melange. Most of the details have been discussed already on
this list, but feel free to add your comments.

BTW for those that don't know me yet, I've been working on the same topic
during last year's Summer of Code and therefore I've applied to become the
mentor for this project. Patrick Ohly (of SyncEvolution fame) already agreed
to co-mentor this effort.

Furthermore I'm in touch with Riccardo Laconelli, the guy that started
Akunambol. It's another SyncML/Akonadi effort currently lying in playground
that gained some traction again. He used libfunambol as the SyncML backend
(the same I did last year). We had a conversation about how we could join
forces here but we haven't found a final conclusion yet. Akunambol may also
have a different focus that this GSoC project.

@Riccardo: Maybe you could sum up your conclusions on the topic?

p.s.: I will have only limited Internet access until Sunday morning, so I
won't be able to reply immediately.
--
Sascha Peilicke
http://saschpe.wordpress.com