[Kde-pim] KMail Migration

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Apr 19 10:17:38 BST 2010

On Sunday 18 April 2010 22:21:39 Thomas McGuire wrote:

> > What about the cached headers of an online IMAP account? What will
> > happen to them?
>
> They are re-downloaded from the IMAP server.

Do you foresee any problems for those people with enormous mailboxes?  I've
seen one user, for instance, who reports 30,000+ messages in one folder.

Migrating mail is likely to be a traumatic event for many people, especially
if they use it for business purposes.  As it gets closer to RC status, could
you ping me on irc so that I understand any issues, and also to discuss how we
can make sure that the various distro people know what to expect from their
users?  While I appreciate that there are always unknowns until it actually
happens, I'd like to forestall problems as much as possible :-)  Serial
complainers are bad enough, but I'm concerned to help the genuine problem-
experiences as much as possible.

Thanks

Anne
--