[Kde-pim] Reply to Author != Reply to Author ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Tue Sep 29 20:35:31 BST 2009

Hi all,

When I use kmail -> Reply To Author, currently there is some Reply-To handling
in the code (kmmessage.cpp).
I ask myself: why is this done ?
When I explicitely select to reply to the author, then wouldn't it be enough
to use the "from" address for the reply ?

With the current implementation, I have the following problem:

I make a comment on bugs.kde.org.
Someone replies to that comment on bko, I receive a mail which has a Reply-To
header "Reply-To: bug-control at bugs.kde.org" and a From header of the comment
writer.

I want to send the author of that comment another comment in private mail, so
I select "Reply To Author", but: kmail still wants to send to
bug-control at bugs.kde.org

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at