[Kde-pim] Bilbo Blogger, A replacement for KBlogger

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Sep 7 00:47:47 BST 2009

On Saturday 05 September 2009 3:08:29 pm Mehrdad Momeny wrote:
> Hi KDE PIM guys,
>
> How is going!? :D
>
> I am one of Bilbo Blogger developers, I was in touch with Christian Weilbach, maintainer of KBlog
> and KBlogger, about some bugs of kblog since some months ago...
>
> And we have talked about replacing kblogger with Bilbo in kdepim, as as he has given up working
> on it, and Bilbo is fully functional now, and we released it's 1.0 version yesterday.
>
> Currently we use a fork of KBlog and call it BilboKBlog, that contains our fixes and new features for
> KBlog, that most of them have been merged back to KBlog until now.
> And after moving bilbo to kdepim, we should of course use kblog and work on it.
>
> There may be some problems on accepting Bilbo in KDEPIM, I want to disscuse about them, before
> importing source into playground, Such as, Do you accept another app to sit down on KBlogger
> place, as I know there are many works already done for it, and Is there any properties that an app
> should have to be part of kdepim!?
> And the name, some guys told me that it should be changed! :-/
>
> Source code is here: http://gitorious.org/bilbo
> Its official website: http://bilbo.gnufolks.org/

I would be very happy to see a blogging application become part of the kdepim module.
In fact, we have had this on the feature plan for a long time now .

KBlogger never became part of kdepim.  So that's not an issue.

We don't care about the name -- unless Bilbo tramples on trademarks or copyrights.

We do have requirements about having an application handbook and to keep
your code "krazy clean".

Other than that.. I'm happy to have your commit in trunk/KDE/kdepim whenever you're ready.
Oh.. we don't use git yet..

-Allen
KDEPIM module coordinator