[Kde-pim] Bilbo Blogger, A replacement for KBlogger

Mehrdad Momeny mehrdad.momeny at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 20:08:29 BST 2009

Hi KDE PIM guys,

How is going!? :D

I am one of Bilbo Blogger developers, I was in touch with Christian Weilbach, maintainer of KBlog
and KBlogger, about some bugs of kblog since some months ago...

And we have talked about replacing kblogger with Bilbo in kdepim, as as he has given up working
on it, and Bilbo is fully functional now, and we released it's 1.0 version yesterday.

Currently we use a fork of KBlog and call it BilboKBlog, that contains our fixes and new features for
KBlog, that most of them have been merged back to KBlog until now.
And after moving bilbo to kdepim, we should of course use kblog and work on it.

There may be some problems on accepting Bilbo in KDEPIM, I want to disscuse about them, before
importing source into playground, Such as, Do you accept another app to sit down on KBlogger
place, as I know there are many works already done for it, and Is there any properties that an app
should have to be part of kdepim!?
And the name, some guys told me that it should be changed! :-/

Source code is here: http://gitorious.org/bilbo
Its official website: http://bilbo.gnufolks.org/

Regards,
Mehrdad Momeny