[Kde-pim] Mailreader status and RFC

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Sep 11 07:45:01 BST 2009

Hi,

Thomas McGuire wrote:

> Also, some stuff of the mailreader has to be used by other libs/apps, like
> the objecttreeparser, which is needed in various places in KMail, and the
> stringutils functions.

Stringutils should be no problem to share (once we decide where to put
them). But the objecttreeparser needs to be decoupled from the private
MailViewer class (previously it depended on KMReaderWin). It is probably
possible, I just didn't know it is needed. I will work on it.

> I think the namespace should be the same as the name of the lib, e.g.
> MailViewer.

Ok, so we have MailViewer namespace. Just please suggest a name for the main
class (the viewer widget) as it is now called MailViewer. :)

> For krichtextwidget in kdelibs, the user passes an actioncollection, and
> krichtextwidget simply creates and adds the actions to there.
> krichtextwidget has means to control which actions are created.

The reason I don't like creating actions inside the lib is that you have to
expose them to the outside (as some users might not like the default
icon/shortcut/behavior of them). And as soon as you do, you loose control on
the KAction pointers.

Andras