[Kde-pim] Plugin Question re Kontact Headers

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Sun Sep 6 11:37:40 BST 2009

Op Saturday 05 September 2009 21:50 schreef u:
> The bottom line is that the development of Kontact plugins is restricted
> to kdepim. So if you want to develop a Kontact plugin then you should
> do so in kdepim.

Great, so I move Mailody into kdepim?

This is insane and very wrong. Move them to kdepimlibs, make them public, use /proper/ versioning, stay backwards compatible. I don't think that's to much to ask.  Face it, nobody is working on kontact so it is as stable as it gets.

If there will be a kontact2 based on plasma some day, make it a different app, with different headers.

If you ever want kontact to be more successful, open it up to the mass. When the mass can work with it, there is a chance that you get patches and improvements from them. That's how open source works. Sticking it to a confined set of apps which are already ready with working on kontact means it will never ever improve much more as it is now.

Toma
--
KDE Developer