[Kde-pim] Synchronization support for Akonadi

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Thu Oct 22 13:01:58 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 08:51 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> If you really want to add something, here are some points to consider:
>       * Depending on time stamps - is time 100% guaranteed to be linear?
>         Not in my experience.
>       * Keeping a log that is shared by apps. How do you know when old
>         entries are no longer needed? If you don't, the log will grow
>         infinitely.
>       * Keeping one log per app (as EDS does) that is flushed by the
>         app. Who deletes the log when the app gets uninstalled?

For the sake of completeness, here's another problem that I forgot to
mention:
      * When the sync app makes a change during a sync on behalf of a
        peer, that change *should not* be reported back to it during the
        next sync with that peer. Changes made by other apps  during a
        sync *should* be reported.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de