[Kde-pim] Review Request: find_package support for libkleo

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:00:54 GMT 2009

2009/10/27 Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>:
> While I think that you are right, the intend of licencing KHTML under LGPL is
> to allow its use in non-GPL projects.
> So deriving from or linking to GPL code might be OK as far as KHTML is
> concerned, it would have unwanted consequences of how any work derived from or
> linking to KHTML has to be licenced.
>
> However, this is moot anyway, KHTML is in kdelibs, evne kdepimlibs is "on top"
> of that.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Hello,

Yeah, we couldn't use libkleo in khtml trunk even if it was in
kdepimlibs. But I can use it in khtml for the purposes of my final
project and now I know which would be the most correct way: not
patching libkleo but adding a FindKleo.cmake module to khtml.

Thanks for the review to everyone who contributed, I think it's clear
that the proposed Config.cmake file should not be added to
kdepim/libkleo and I should use a FindKleo.cmake file in my khtml &
konqueror work branch. Only if in the future libkleo is moved to
kdepimlibs (if GPL libs are accepted at all in kdepimlibs and the
libkleo maintainers wish libkleo to be moved to kdepimlibs, which are
too many "ifs" at the moment) a KleoConfig.cmake file would make
sense.

Regards,
   Eduardo Robles Elvira.