[Kde-pim] Akonadi-1.2.1 build error

Sagara Wijetunga sagara at tomahawk.com.sg
Sat Oct 24 06:45:02 BST 2009

Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 23 October 2009, Sagara Wijetunga wrote:
>
>> Ingo, thanks for the info. I'm not good in C++ but I'm a good C
>> programmer. With help from you guys I can proceed and find where the
>> error is.
>>
>> 1. /usr/bin/automoc4 --help, /usr/bin/automoc4 --version does not
>> print anything. It seems these are implemented using cout:
>> if ((args[1]=="--help") || (args[1]=="-h")) {
>>         printUsage(args[0]);
>>
>>        ::exit(0);
>>
>>         }
>>         else if (args[1]=="--version") {
>>         printVersion();
>>
>>        ::exit(0);
>>
>>         }
>>
>> void AutoMoc::printUsage(const QString &path)
>> {
>> executable> <cmake executable> [--touch]" << endl;
>> }
>>
>> void AutoMoc::printVersion()
>> {
>>     cout << "automoc4 " << AUTOMOC4_VERSION << endl;
>> }
>>

> That's weird. This works here on openSUSE Linux.
>

>> 2. All dotFiles.readLine() calls are of following type:
>> QByteArray line = dotFiles.readLine();
>>
>> But the problematic one is:
>> const QByteArray &line = dotFiles.readLine();
>>
>> Not sure whether the "&line" is correct?
>>

> Hmm, try replacing it with
> const QByteArray line = dotFiles.readLine();
>
> It shouldn't make a difference though.
>

>> 3. If you could help me with how to write a qDebug() to display the
>> args[1] and line, I can check what's it reading and further narrow
>> down the issue.
>>

> You can use qDebug() just as you would use cout or cerr. There are quite
> a few occurrences of qDebug() in the cpp file which you can look at for
> reference.
>

> Regards,
> Ingo

I tried the qDebug() as follows:
qDebug() << "Line: " << line;

It just print a blank line.

I'm beginning to feel the issue is outside automoc4. Possibly my Qt
build is not successful though it does not show any error. FreeBSD is
not an  actively supported platform of Trolltech
(http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/supported-platforms.html).

Trolltech has extended it support for more Unix platforms with Qt 4.6.
Not sure Qt 4.6 compatible with KDE 4.3.X.

For the time being lets conclude this issue and thank you very much for
all those who helped me in this regard.

Kind regards
Sagara