[Kde-pim] Proposal for a new pim application

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 21 14:35:25 BST 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 15:23:31 Dr. Robert Marmorstein wrote:
> > Anyway, i will forward this thread to the basket mailinglist to see if we
> >  find some interested people.
>
> No need.  I'm already here and I'm interested.  I just don't have a lot of
> time at the moment.   But Nepomuk and Akonadi integration is definitely on
>  our todo list for BasKet.  In fact, we had a GSoC proposal to do the
>  Akonadi integration part, but it didn't quite make the cut this year.  The
>  student is still interested in it, though.
>
> I am hoping to have time over the summer to get more work done on both
>  these fronts.  I think Nepomuk, in particular, has a lot to offer BasKet.

Indeed, I just noticed SemNotes by Laura Dragan which is a Nepomuk based notes
storing application (pretty much what i had in mind to do with nepomuk).

So basically the app i have in mind would be a rewrite of basket, with kjots
and semnotes merged, and usage of the rest of the pim tools where needed.

> And, of course, we always welcome new developers to join the team!

I'm definitely very interested to get some work done in this area.
So i think we have to get an overview of what already is existing and what we
finally want, so we can start working.

Maybe a techbase page could be used to put together all collected information?
Although i don't really know if this would be the right place for something
like this...

Cheers,

Chris