[Kde-pim] Notes in KDE in the future

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Nov 4 08:51:46 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 22:09:26 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Brad Hards wrote:
> > No attachments (the spec says MUST NOT, so presumably that will cause
> > problems with some form of outlook or exchange server).
>
> Interesting. Is it impossible to say, drag and drop an image into a note
> which is stored in exchange?
Doesn't seem to be possible. I can't even change the font.

> I see. Which applications would not have access to Nepomuk? I have no idea
> if kde applications on windows can use Nepomuk, or do you mean non kde
> applications?
OK, I mean Outlook :-) The idea here is that if you're using outlook at work,
and you add a tag or category (aka stupid static string), then that would be
available in kde tools.

> My understanding of Nepomuk, which might be a bit cloudy, is that it
>  handles local annotations/relations. If I tag an email in kmail which
>  happens to be on an IMAP server, and then access that email from another
>  application on a different computer, the other application will not know
>  anything about the tag.
That would be unfortunate.

> However, we could also conceivably define some custom headers in the mime
> messages like

I can do that, as long as we decide on what the convention is.

Brad