[Kde-pim] Fwd: syncml gSoC

Adenilson Cavalcanti cavalcantii at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:42:09 BST 2009

Sascha

Thanks a lot for your promptly answer.

I have read the initial proposal that you send to kde-pim list
sometime ago, I'm just not sure if you have changed anything about the
proposal or the scope since then.

I remember from the initial proposal that you have being considering
whether to use funambol or libsyncml libraries.

Considering libsyncml being static or not, maybe the information
bellow could help to decide:

a) AFAICT, there is only 1 client app that uses it (opensync)

b) the 'public' or user API should not change much in the next
releases, but 0.6x series will hide some of the lower level functions

c) Debian provides at least 0.5.2 pre-packaged

Best regards

Adenilson