[Kde-pim] akonadi_ical_resource problem

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu May 28 08:30:43 BST 2009

On Thursday, 2009-05-28, Douglas Harms wrote:
> Your guess appears to be correct!  When I disabled monitoring the sync
> worked; it also worked when I enabled monitoring but set the AutoSave
> interval to a time longer than it takes to process the akonadi records.
> (It was originally set for 1 minute autosave, and things worked when I
> increased it to 60 minutes.)

I was afraid so :-/

> This is a reasonable workaround for now, but I'm not sure if this is an
> acceptable long term solution for kpilot.  I don't think it's a good
> design when users might lose data if they have the autosave setting set
> too low.

Agreed

> Is there a way kpilot could temporarily disable monitoring on the
> akonadi file during the sync?  Or is there a better solution?

No, an application should not have to worry about details of resources.

I am not sure if this will make any difference, but you could try to use an
Akonadi::TransactionSequence as the parent of all your add jobs and then
execute the sequence instead of each job individually.

I am afraid, though, that this won't make any difference.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring