[Kde-pim] akonadi_ical_resource problem

Douglas Harms dharms at depauw.edu
Thu May 28 03:18:01 BST 2009

Your guess appears to be correct!  When I disabled monitoring the sync
worked; it also worked when I enabled monitoring but set the AutoSave
interval to a time longer than it takes to process the akonadi records.
(It was originally set for 1 minute autosave, and things worked when I
increased it to 60 minutes.)

This is a reasonable workaround for now, but I'm not sure if this is an
acceptable long term solution for kpilot.  I don't think it's a good
design when users might lose data if they have the autosave setting set
too low.

Is there a way kpilot could temporarily disable monitoring on the
akonadi file during the sync?  Or is there a better solution?

Thanks for your help - this has been a thorn in my side for some time
now and I'm glad to know there's  a workaround.

--Doug

--
Douglas E. Harms, Ph.D.
Greenleaf Professor of Computer Science