[Kde-pim] KContactManager Name

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Sun May 3 12:39:48 BST 2009

Le dimanche 3 mai 2009 13:30:10, Allen Winter a écrit :
> On Thursday 23 April 2009 11:51:48 am Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Can we pick a new name for the new KAddressBook?
> > I'm really not excited about KContactManager.
> >
> > Not that I have any good suggestions at the moment,
> > by KContactManager is too close to Kontact.
> >
> > Suggestions/Ideas/Comments?
>
> Based on the results of this discussion, we should rename
> KContactManager to KAddressbook and remove the old KAddressbook.
>
> With the hard freeze coming tomorrow, we need to get this done ASAP.
>
> Any last objections?  I sure hope KContactManager is close to operational
> status.
>
> -Allen

Hi,
I don't think that kcontactmanager is operational.
I am not sure that it's a good idea to replace kaddressbook.
ldap search is not implemented, we can't select multi-contact, we can't add
new resources etc.

If there is not exception to improve kcontactmanager during hard freeze, it's
not a good idea to replace it

Regards

--
Laurent Montel | laurent at kdab.net | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer