[Kde-pim] Junior Job : HTML indicator in composer's status bar

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Tue May 19 10:48:36 BST 2009

Am Dienstag 19 Mai 2009 09:56:00 schrieb Anne Wilson:

> Markus, I seriously would like to see an html indicator - not toggle, or
> anything like that.  I have found 3 or 4 times that I was inadvertently
> sending html mail, when a distro's update set it to on.  I would like to
> be able to be easily aware that this was the case.

I didn't know that can happen, but I have a proposal to give both ideas a
common technical base that should be easy to implement: Add an interactive
indicator.
Click on the field in the status bar to cycle through the states. No context
menu. It's main purpose should still be to be an indicator.
Currently the status bar only indicates whether spell check is on or off.

The status bar could then look like this:

| Editing mode: HTML | Spell check: English | Column: 24 | Line: 12 |

Click on Editing mode, it switches to Text. Click on Spell check, it switches
to the next installed dictionary.

BTW: I just found out that a Dictionary drop-down menu can be activated
through the View menu. So no need for a new context menu. Nevertheless,
I still think that KMail Editor's mostly empty status bar could be more used.
;-)