[Kde-pim] GSoC - Akonadi SyncML agent

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Mar 31 13:41:03 BST 2009

On Tuesday 31 March 2009, Mike Arthur wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 March 2009 11:12:17 Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> > I already had a talk with Kevin about this back at the Qt Dev Days last
> > year. In the meantime, I missed to get in touch with Volker at FOSDEM,
> > but Kevin reminded me about that idea and so I came up with this (not
> > perfect yet) GSoC proposal:
> >
> > http://socghop.appspot.com/student_proposal/show/google/gsoc2009/saschpe/
> >t1 23849664087
>
> I can't see anything there without signing in I'm afraid.
>
> > I hope this is of interest to the KDE-PIM people and to generate some
> > comments on my humble writings ;)
>
> Obviously this could be already explained as I can't sign in but have you
> looked at OpenSync? There was previously integration using OpenSync and it
> has SyncML support and I'm not sure if they ever added an Akonadi engine.
> That would probably be what you'd want to be creating.

OpenSync is unfortunately not a very reliable upstream, not releasing for way
to long, etc.

Some Akonadi people had a developer sprint with some of them last year but we
don't have any working solution yet since they kept changing API and ABI
since then.

Even if OpenSync becomes more reliable in the future, any experience with an
agent based syncing facilty might come in handy.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring