[Kde-pim] GSoC - Akonadi SyncML agent

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 12:26:38 BST 2009

On Tuesday 31 March 2009 11:12:17 Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> I already had a talk with Kevin about this back at the Qt Dev Days last
> year. In the meantime, I missed to get in touch with Volker at FOSDEM, but
> Kevin reminded me about that idea and so I came up with this (not perfect
> yet) GSoC proposal:
>
> http://socghop.appspot.com/student_proposal/show/google/gsoc2009/saschpe/t1
>23849664087
I can't see anything there without signing in I'm afraid.

> I hope this is of interest to the KDE-PIM people and to generate some
> comments on my humble writings ;)
Obviously this could be already explained as I can't sign in but have you
looked at OpenSync? There was previously integration using OpenSync and it has
SyncML support and I'm not sure if they ever added an Akonadi engine. That
would probably be what you'd want to be creating.

Standalone SyncML support in Akonadi would be (in my humble opinion) less
preferable to OpenSync and would also be a very tough job to get it working
during the Summer of Code timescale.

Great idea though, I look forward to hearing more about this!

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk/