[Kde-pim] Question about Kode

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Mar 19 08:38:08 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 March 2009 00:08:25 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 March 2009 11:26:09 Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 March 2009 07:41:08 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > > It doesn't compile in playground. There seem to be some CMake files
> > > missing. How can this be fixed?
> >
> > I'm looking at it.
>
> Thanks for fixing it.
>
> I also noticed that the tests are disabled in kxml_compiler. I assume this
> is a late remnant of the cmake port. The tests are a bit tricky, because
> they involve compiling and running code generated by kxml_compiler itself.
> I don't really know how to do this correctly with cmake. Does somebody know
> how to do it?

see FindKode.cmake and KodeMacros.cmake in kdepim/cmake/modules, IIRC this
worked at some point, we could build the featureplan resource which was using
kxml_compiler. There are checks in there to detect if we are building
kxml_compiler or if it is installed already, these probably broke during the
move.

> > > I'm not sure how playground is meant to work, but it would be great, if
> > > kode would compile there independent of all the other stuff in
> > > playground/pim, so that I for example don't have to install
> > > dependencies for all the stuff which is there.
> >
> > That's what I did for playground-pim, it works for (almost) everything
> > there.

regards
Volker