[Kde-pim] google contacts resource: testers needed

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Sat Mar 7 17:21:09 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 19:18:59 Adenilson Cavalcanti wrote:
> Google contacts part of this resource is working, the following features
> are supported: - get/add/edit/delete;
> - dialog for user account;
> - store user password in KWallet;
> - fields: name, email, telephone, job title, organization, address, notes,
> photo.
>
> I have tested it and seems pretty stable, but I think it would be nice to
> have some testers to help to uncover and fix any lurking bugs on it.
>
> You can grab it in playground
> (http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/pim/googledata/) and will need
> libgcal (git://repo.or.cz/libgcal.git) installed to compile it.
I had some trouble getting libgcal compiling on Debian Unstable. If anyone
else has the same problems try using my experimental (but seemingly working)
CMake buildsystem from http://mikearthur.co.uk/gitweb/?p=libgcal.git

When built and installed, I get the error message "Not yet authenticated for
use of Google Contacts", meaning I can't actually use it. Also, the password
prompt was in plain text, please change this ASAP (or I can do so).

If you are happy for me to do so I can try and fix these two problems myself
and I'll have a poke around through the source.

Hopefully I can get this working soon, it's an exciting project!

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk/