[Kde-pim] KRES::Factory doesn't return translated strings

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Mar 1 21:32:41 GMT 2009

A Divendres, 27 de febrer de 2009, David Jarvie va escriure:
> On Friday 27 February 2009 08:05:45 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Am Freitag 27 Februar 2009 00:48:59 schrieb Allen Winter:
> > > David?
> > > Albert's attached screenshot shows translated strings.
> > > ??
> >
> > This is magically fixed somehow, works here in trunk + 4.2, when the
> > language is switched via systemsetting.
> >
> > But this does not work with "KDE_LANG=x-text kalarm"
> >
> > "Active Alarms" is only tranlated on the first run of kalarm and then
> > stored in .kde/share/apps/kalarm/calendar.ics, that's why it is
> > translated here to "xxActive Alarmsxx" and does not change on language
> > switching.
>
> I had tested it by setting KDE_LANG, where it doesn't work. I can confirm
> now that it does work when System Settings is used to set the language.
>
> This has wasted a bit of time for a few people. I wonder whether there is
> any way of making such translations work with KDE_LANG settings, to avoid
> similar time wasting in the future?

did you export KDE_LANG (opposed to just "KDE_LANG=foo program") and restarted
all kde system wide daemons like kdeinit, kdeed, etc? That way it SHOULD work

If your program asks another program that is already running for some data you
can't expect a "program local" variable change gets you the correct translated
data.

Albert