[Kde-pim] Review Request: Polishing: icons for context menus, sortable identity list

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Sun Mar 8 18:03:23 GMT 2009

Hi Ingo,

could you please use reviewboard.kde.org instead of direct replies? It makes
it easier to see all comments about a review request in one place.

On Sunday 08 March 2009 12:53:30 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Context-Menu of a folder:
> >     "Copy Folder To"
> >         - these sub menus use the icons of the folderview
> >         - above entry "Copy to This Folder"
> >           (e.g. in "Copy Folder To" -> "Local Folders")
> >           is now a separator
>
> Above "Copy to This Folder"? In KDE 3 this used to be the first entry
> with a separator below it.

The context menu changed a lot, mainly due to the Summer of Code project which
rewrote the whole thing.

> > Enable sorting of identity list in the preferences
> >     - Incoming and outgoings accounts are sortable too,
> >       why not this one? (I'm always confused because
> >       my identities are not sorted)
>
> The identities used to be sorted alphabetically in KDE 3 with the
> exception that the default identity was always listed first. Since the
> order of the identities influences the mechanism choosing an identity
> to use for a reply it makes sense to allow sorting. So I'm in favor of
> this change.

The order of the identities in the GUI dialog influence reply behavior? Where
in the code is that and how does that work? That seems unintuitive to me,
especially because the order can't be changed (the patch doesn't change that,
it just enables GUI sorting by clicking the header of the listview).

Regards,
Thomas