[Kde-pim] Looking for feedback on KOrganizer event editing tools

David Boosalis david.boosalis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 14:32:21 BST 2009

One thing that is a bit annoying: In creating a new todo item I started to
add an attendee, then decided against it and while still in the attendee tab
I deleted all attendees.

When I hit apply (or was it OK) I get a dialog stating something like "Some
attendees were deleted do you want to send to them anyway ?"

I think the new todo task is trying to be to clever here, if I wanted them
to recieve the todo item I would not have deleted them.

I hit the cancel button and it brings up a dialog to save the data in a
particular resource holder (my term not theirs) this is confusing to me
cause I hit "cancel" as I wanted to regroup my thoughts as to what I was
doing.  And I think a dialog to a dialog should be minimized in its ussage.

The apply and ok button are bit confusing as well, are they not the same,
are two buttons needed? How about better text such as "save" and "close".

The buttons "apply" and "ok" are always enabled even if the todo is invalid
with no name, no date, no time.  I would think some fields would be
manditory, and they should have something like an '*' after there label.

One other thing.  When clicking on a "new todo" the cursor should change to
busy,as it can take a few seconds to load and display the new todo dialog,
and as a consequence it leads to clicking the button twice and gettting two
to-do dialogs.  Should you allow more then one todo dialog anyway, as it
will bite those novide users who do double clicks out of habbit or by
mistake.

On another note.  If you start korganizer in a different window, and then
selected "todo" from kontact it brings fourth the other window. Cannot a new
"todo" window be created as a subwindow to contact to keep the work flow in
what the user percieves to be the same application.

The drop down menu for select catagories should not try to display the text
for all catagoreis selected in its text field. Selecting more then four
seems to fill up the text field to where it is not meaningfull is such a
small text space.  I am not even sure what this drop down menu applies to,
is it the search, and if none are selected does it apply to all.

And lastly there is an area for adding new todo items at the bottom of the
screen.  Its' work flow without an apply button seems a bit bewildering.  I
could not get it to work. I suggest keeping it simple and removing this.

I was working with korgainzer out of the svn, perhaps some of my comments
are also work in progress.

Thakns for taking on the task of improving To-Do.  Your work will be very
much appreciaged.

-David