[Kde-pim] [OT] HTML stripping (was: Right-To-Left (RTL) Support in KMail's Composer)

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Jun 2 22:47:42 BST 2009

On Tuesday 02 June 2009, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 June 2009 21:48:55 Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> > IMHO you have been fooled. Are you sure you sent HTML mail?
>
> This lists strips out HTML parts, so no point in sending HTML mail to
> the list.

It's kind of ironic that the list that is dedicated to the development
of KMail (among other PIM applications) makes it impossible to test
things related to HTML messages.

Were HTML messages really a problem on this list?

FWIW, I have chosen not to strip HTML parts on the lists I maintain
because messages with HTML content are the exception and thus not
really a problem. I will reconsider my choice if it becomes a problem.
Until then I will politely ask those sending HTML messages (often this
happens inadvertently) not to do so. Anyway, that's just my personal
opinion.

Regards,
Ingo