[Kde-pim] KMime vs. custom headers

Constantin Berzan exit3219 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 05:42:46 BST 2009

Hi,

Looking at the code in KMime::Content::assemble(), I see that headers are
handled in two ways:
1) "known" headers are hard-wired in assembleHeaders(), which is extended by
Message::assembleHeaders() for Messages;
2) custom "X-" headers are added in assemble() itself.

This leaves a number of non-"X-" headers which are optional, but are not
handled in assembleHeaders().  These headers are not handled in any way, and
if added to the message, they will be lost and never appear in the encoded
content!  From the headers defined in KMime, at least ContentID,
ContentLocation, and MailCopiesTo exhibit this broken behaviour.

I'm writing to the list because I'm not sure how to fix this.  Should we:
* treat every header type defined in KMime in assembleHeaders() and make it a
rule that, apart from those headers defined in KMime, only "X-" headers may be
added?
* find some generic way to treat these headers?

Thanks.

--
http://ascending.wordpress.com/